Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oreo Therapy

Sam here.

I'm having Oreo therapy tonight. You know how it is.  It starts with a nice, "healthy" dinner like chicken from a can and after the the kiddo goes to bed you find a package Oreos in the pantry.  It goes downhill from there.  Sure... start out with one.  Just one.  A little taste.  Then it turns into three on the coffee table.  And then it just goes downhill from there.

I'm moving in two weeks.  Out of the house in which we began our family and into the house ... in which my in-laws live.  Yup, we're moving in with my in-laws. {Who are, incidentally, pretty fabulous.}  Nevertheless, two adults, one child, and one polka-dotted dog are moving in with the in-laws for four months while our new house is being built.  The third adult in our house is moving in with other folks, because simply adding the four of us to an already established house of adults and dog are one thing, but adding THREE adults, one child, and a polka-dotted dog to an already established house is just plain crazy talk.

So that means I'm packing up an entire house to put everything in storage and move into another, already established home, for the rest of the school year and the entire summer.

Tell me I don't deserve Oreo therapy and I will cut you.

No, I'm not kidding.

Crisis + Oreos = Crisis averted.

Now, please excuse me. I'm going to Pinot up and prepare for more moving boxes.

Up tomorrow: Little Red Randi-hood and the Big Bad IEP.

1 comment: